Monday, July 13, 2009

Newton's Dumb Law

Why does one man's law have to be so true? It's so dumb. And I'm only venting about it because I have come to realize that it is true, not for tangible objects and push/pull..., but for human actions. The things we do, the actions we make, always have an equal reaction to the person we act against. If this makes no sense, let me clarify. If I say I hate you, you are going to feel sad. If I hit you, you are going to feel pain. A negative action usually creates a negative emotion, right?

Man, this sucks. Why can't people only do good things? The answer: we aren't perfect. We fail; we make mistakes. But the sucky thing about it is that the person on the other end of our mistakes usually ends up having to live with the consequences. These consequences are the things we struggle with and the battles we fight. They are the fears we have and the nightmares/memories that haunt us at night.

Why does it have to be that the actions someone does against me create problems that I have to face? Why do they have to make battles I have to fight? It's just not fair. It's his mistake. He should have to deal with this stuff. Not me.

Newton, your law is dumb.

1 comment:

  1. Dumb, but right. And sometimes the person acting does have consequences to face on this earth. Whatever happens, we can be confident that we serve a just God, and that all men will one day have to account for their actions before Him.

    ReplyDelete