Monday, July 20, 2009

How Can I Stand Strong?

How am I supposed to be strong right now when I am so weak? I don't know why He has called me to this. It's hard and it hurts. How can I stand strong? "But when I am weak, then You are strong. Your strength is made perfect through my weakness." So where is this strength? Where is it when I want to fall to the floor? Where is it when I want to give up? Where is it when I am tempted to give into temptation: into my weakness? Where is it now when I need it the most?

How can I stand strong without it?

1 comment:

  1. Something the Lord has been putting on my heart lately is that we are stronger ultimately in our weaknesses. The more we hunger for Him, the more faith and hope we have, the better the reward is. We can't expect perfect lives and blessings on earth, but we do have a taste of what the full and perfect life in heaven will be like. Embrace your weaknesses and turn them against the enemy. Say to Satan, "THis is hard, I'm having trouble saying no, but for God's glory and for God's sake, and for my own sake, I will say no, I will do the right thing." Stand strong in your weaknesses. And it's OK to be weak. God embraces us for who we are.

    ReplyDelete