Wednesday, June 9, 2010

With Each Step


In an earlier post, I wrote about walking on water and the book I finished reading by Pete Gall, "My Beautiful Idol". The question that I related to was, "What if I step out on the water? Will it hold?"

I also wrote about sending a letter to my dad in an earlier post.

I'm seeing that question as it relates to this situation.

Writing a letter to my dad is like stepping out onto the water.

What if I step out and send this letter to my dad? What if the water doesn't hold? Then I call out to my God, and He stretches His arms out and rescues me.

And if the water does hold? Then I keep my eyes fixed on Jesus, and trust Him with each step.

But, if I don't step out, I'll never know, and my faith won't be grown.

1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful Mindy, thank you so much for writing it down.

    ReplyDelete