Thursday, June 17, 2010

Shalom

Peace.

It's a word we don't fully understand. We only know peace from our own understanding as in a calmness.

But, did you know that the Jewish word for peace, 'Shalom', means 'whole' and 'complete'?
I didn't either, until a friend told me when she was describing what she was seeing in me.

I've never experienced Shalom until this year. I had always been restless, incomplete, and definitely not whole. There was no Shalom to be found in me.

There were a lot of things that I was stressed about. The word 'stressed' means "A mentally oremotionally disruptive or upsetting condition occurring in response to adverse externalinfluences and capable of affecting physical health, usually characterized by increased heart rate,a rise in blood pressure, muscular tension, irritability, and depression.
"

Wow. That is a long definition. I had a lot of these external influences that were mentally and emotionally disrupting. I was stressed!

But, when I finally let God do a work...a healing...a miracle... then I experienced Shalom.

And people can see it. They see it on my face and in my spirit. I am no longer stressed or tense. Sure, there may be situations, but the way I see them and handle them are totally different. Why? Because I have Shalom! I am complete! I am whole!

So many people have not experienced Shalom. They are not complete or whole.

But, I say to them,

Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment