Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Giants

Giants.

"To see a giant in your dream indicates a great struggle between you and your opponents. You are trying to overcome an overwhelming obstacle. Alternatively, a giant symbolizes an issue, a person or a feeling that is dominating you. You are having an inferiority complex."

I had a dream last night that there were giants in my house: two of them. They didn't do me any harm, yet I was afraid they would.

I definitely am trying to overcome an overwhelming obstacle. Two, to be exact. They are both people.

Where are my sling and stones? I'm going to overcome.

I'm confronting one of them tomorrow, and I've already confronted the other. I'm so nervous about confronting the one tomorrow that my stomach is twisting in knots. I know it will be good to finally confront this person and overtake the giant, but I'm still scared.

Then, the Lord reminds me of Philippians 4:6-7. "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, with prayer and petition, and with thanksgiving in your heart, present your requests to me, and then my peace will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus."

Is this what He told David when he was just feet away from Goliath? It's what He's been telling me as I've confronted giant after giant.

But, I wonder if David still had knots in his stomach as he pulled back his sling shot.

Giants.

No comments:

Post a Comment