Monday, June 7, 2010

Dancing with Daddy

Dance With You

I feel a rush of wind, on my frail skin

You’re turning around me
Like heavens wings, sweeping under my feet
It makes my heart beat and beat

And oh…the patterns so beautiful

I sway so smooth when I worship You

Take me, wrap me in Your arms forever

I want to dance on the streets of gold
I want to take hold of Your nail pierced hands
I want to dance with You

You’re the one who planted this dream in me

This desire this fire, burning deep
What I can do is because of You, I love to move
When I’m moving for You
It’s Your hands, molding this dance

And oh… the patterns so beautiful

I sway so smooth when I worship You

Take Your hands… take Your hands

I want to dance with You, with You

-Take No Glory

I love the fact that we can dance with our God. What other supreme deity can we be so intimately acquainted with besides Him? He is a personal God. And He wants us to dance with him.

I resonate with the lyrics of this song. I want to be in His arms forever, dancing on the streets of gold, holding His hands that were nail-pierced for me. Not only can I dance with Him when I get to Heaven, but I can in the here and now.

I've always been sad about knowing that I won't be able to have a father/daughter dance at my wedding. Last summer, I went to a friend's wedding and watched as she and her dad danced. It brought tears to my eyes. I wanted that in my own life. But, with my situation, that would never be a reality.

But, I have come to learn that I will have that. I can dance with my Dad, not just at my Wedding, but all the time. When I worship Him, I am dancing with Him. When I feel the wind blowing, we are dancing. He sweeps me off my feet like a Prince His Princess and we dance.

At my Wedding, I am going to dance with my Heavenly Daddy on streets of gold. He will take me in His arms and spin me around and around. I will be dancing with my Daddy for all of eternity. What a dance that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment