Sunday, July 3, 2011

Me-1, Fireworks-0


Well, I conquered my fear of the loud explosions of fireworks...I sat through probably my first fireworks show without plugging my ears. I was pretty close to where they were setting them off, too. I've been afraid of the loud noise since I can remember. I've also been afraid of popping balloons. But, now that I think I know the reason why, it's not so scary.

My dad popped a balloon around me when I was little, or so my mom said when I asked her. My theory is that instead of being afraid of my dad, who I was afraid of because of what he was doing to me, I turned that fear onto the balloon. It makes sense to me, but whether it's true or not, I don't know. I can only speculate.

But if it helps me overcome my fear of fireworks and balloons popping and exploding, then I say it's true.

Me-1, Fireworks-0

No comments:

Post a Comment