Sunday, July 17, 2011

His Faithfulness


I had my first plane ride on Thursday.
It was AMAZING!!!! I loved every minute of it, but take-off was by far my favorite part!

I think I had been in the air for at least two hours when, finally, there were billows of clouds below us and what looked like the tundra of them around us. It was beautiful.

But, while I was admiring the beauty out my small plane window, a verse came to my mind. Psalm 36:5 "Your unfailing love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds."

I've always struggled with His faithfulness. Is He really good and faithful? I also never understood how high up the clouds went. When I was down on the ground, it was hard to tell how high up they were and what was beyond them. On the plane, I got to see this. In the second picture here, you can see the ground below and the clouds that are over that area of land. The plane is above those clouds. It amazes me that I am above those clouds, and yet this verse says that His faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds.

So, what does this mean? It is so beyond my understanding that I find it difficult to put into words what I want to convey. But, I don't think there are any words that are able to fully describe our God. But, He is faithful. Dictionary.com defines faithful as being '
true to one's word, promises, vows, etc.'.

His faithfulness stretches beyond our understanding, as it stretches beyond the clouds. It just goes on and on and on, and isn't dependent upon our works or sin. Isn't that comforting to know? He is faithful whether we are or not. It's His nature. He is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment