Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Your Nature is Beautiful

I was on my way home tonight from woman's Bible study, driving along a country road, and it was like God was showing off His creation. The first thing I saw was a rabbit in the middle of the road. I slowed down so not to hit it and watched as it scurried off to the right. Then, a little farther down, I saw a deer standing in the middle of a cornfield on the right side of the road. I stopped to stare for a few minutes, and watched as he wagged his tail, and then moved on. A little farther down and I saw a family of rabbits off to the left side of the road. There were a few big ones and a couple little ones. They scurried into the bushes as I slowed and then passed. I was nearing the top of a big hill when I decided to take it slow, just to be safe. I got to the top of the hill and to the next small hill and there, in the other lane, stood a deer. I slowed even more and it ran into the woods on the left side of the road. As I was passing the woods, I was just so amazed at all that I had just seen of God's creation. Not only this, but the sunset was beautiful. I told God, "Your nature is just so beautiful!"

And then it came to me.

'Your nature is beautiful.'

I laughed. 'Nature' meaning 'character...temperament...being consistent with nature'. I love it when God talks to me!

As I was driving, I began talking to Him. I realized that He is as strong as a horse. He is as fierce as a lion. He is as tender as a sheep. He is as quick as a deer. He is as wild as a tiger. He is as swift as an eagle. He is as beautiful as the sunsets and sunrises He paints. He is as protective as a mother bear. The list could go on and on.

He is as His nature is. His nature is as He is.

What a God we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment