Friday, July 2, 2010

Safest Place

I was watching this little baby sleep tonight while I was at IHOP Fort Wayne. He looked so peaceful!
A few minutes after I got there, he awoke and began to cry, almost as if he had had a bad dream. I watched as the woman who was holding him gave him to this man who came right as he heard the child crying. He took the baby and held him in his arms, and as soon as he did, the baby stopped crying.

I couldn't stop looking at this scene, as God was talking to me as it unfolded. I had to snap a picture to remember it and what God was saying to me.

He told me that just as this earthly father heard his child cry and was immediately there, so is our Heavenly Father. He picks us up and holds us, and we are safe. He sings to us, His soothing voice calming our fears, bringing peace even in the midst of confusion.

Earlier this spring, I heard a girl say that the she felt the safest in her dad's arms. I was envious, because I have never known my father's arms. But, over the months, I have gotten to know God as Daddy. He is my Papa God. I know that He does all of these things an earthly father does.

And I now understand what that girl meant.

My Daddy's arms are the safest place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment