Saturday, April 3, 2010

Who am I?


I was just sitting outside my friend's cabin in Deep Creek Lake, Maryland. I turned off the outside lights so I could better see the stars. When the lights were on, I could hardly see any stars. Going back out after turning off the lights, I was speechless. The stars were amazing! There were so many! And they were all so beautiful!

As I sat there, being the thinker I am, I began pondering God's crazy, yet awesome, character. I mean, He created each of those stars. He breathed them into being, knows each of them by
name, yet loves me more than one of them. How nuts is that?

But, it's not. It's amazing.

It's love. Pure, unconditional love.

I mean, who am I? Who am
I that He loves me? I am so small compared to just one of those stars, and there are gazillions of them! Yet, He loves me. He chooses to love me. I don't have to do anything to earn it, and there is nothing I can do to lose it. That's what is so amazing about my God.

And not only is He my God, but He's my Daddy.

My Daddy made
all those stars! Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment