Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday

This day means so much to so many people. Without it, we wouldn't be able to have life. The event that happened on this day is an event like none other. On this day, one man gave His live for the entire world. Three days later, something else happened that has never happened in the history of man and never will: He rose again.

My mom always told me that she would die for me, taking my place. She would go through the fire for me, take a bullet for me, do anything to let me live. And if my dad would have been in my life, I know he would have, too.

But, the greatest thing is that neither of them have to. It's already been done. There is a man who has already taken the cross for me. I never have to worry about it. My Father already died for me. He loves me so much that He took my place on that cruel cross.

I have been reflecting this morning about Christ and His love for me. It is overwhelming. I cannot comprehend it. It is amazing. He took my sins upon Himself when He died for me on the cross that should have been mine. I am forever grateful, but don't have the words to express so.

I just can't wait until the day He comes for me! That is what this day has made possible: that I might live and He would come back for me one day. I cannot wait until I can see Him face to face and sit in His lap for all of eternity.

Father, thank you for making this possible. Thank you for choosing to die for me, taking my place, and rising again. I am yours! Thank you for this day we call Easter Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment