Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Jehovah-Jireh

Jehovah-Jireh: my God who provides.

When I look back over my life, there are things that can only be explained as being from the living God. When there were times I was in need, it was by His hand that He provided. Whether it was a financial, health, relationship or any other need, He was faithful to provide. Through the times I had to depend on Him and His provision as the only way to make it through, I learned that He is a good God, faithful to His children. I learned that He can be trusted. I learned that He knows what I need and will provide.

I only have to ask, and my Father will bless.

He is Jehovah-Jireh, my God who provides.

I know that He will provide for all of my needs. But, there comes a point where I am tired of finding myself in the same situation over and over again.

What am I not learning? What have I missed?

If it's tithing, I'll start tithing.

If it's trust, I'll trust You more.

If it's that I shouldn't worry, I'll believe more that you will take care of me, and I won't fret.

If it's that when You call me You'll make the way, I'll believe.

If it's to not say "I can't" because of insufficiency when You say 'Go here' or 'Do this', I'll learn that You make me sufficient.

If it's to draw me closer to Yourself, I'll come as close as You want.

If it's to love You more, I will.

If it's to know that all things are possible through You who give me strength, I'll know it with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.

If it's to depend more on Your strength, and not my own, I'll lean so heavily on You that I will fall over if one of us moves.

If it's to let You fight my battles for me, I'll hand You my sword.

If it's to get out of Your seat, I'll move.

But, why does this keep coming up? Why am I here yet again?

Teach me.

No comments:

Post a Comment