Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Narrow Escape

I barely escaped today. Sin was knocking, crouching at my door, and I almost answered.

But I saw my chance to escape, and took it.

It was narrow, I'm not lying. And it was only for a split second that it was available. If I had hesitated a moment longer, it would have been gone, and I would have opened the door. I would have invited in sin, shame, and guilt. Hatred would have been my friend. I would have let myself, God, and a lot of other people down. That's the good thing about accountability.

I am thankful, especially today, that God provides a way out, and I can take it. I am thankful that He is faithful. In the midst of the knocking, He was louder and I heard Him. I saw the way out He was providing for me.

This evening would have taken a whole other course if I had opened the door. I think the really amazing thing is that He walked with me the entire way. From the very first moment, He was there.

And the really amazing thing is this: He was there in the form of another person who had no idea the purpose she was serving for me. And through her, He actually walked beside me and followed me in.

This was a narrow escape. I know that the path to follow Him is going to be narrow. It's not easy, but I want to take that path. I choose to take that path. And He will be faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment