Monday, September 5, 2011

You Are // I Am


River Valley Church's new album, You Are // I Am is a great worship album filled with lyrics that speak truth, life, and hope and that praise our God.

Songs on the album range from fast-paced to slower paced, are contemporary, but are all easy to worship to. The lyrics bring a refreshing to the spirit beause of the Biblical truths contained in them. They provide hope and assurance of what is true when so often we believe the lies of the enemy. Many of these songs are battle cries against the lies we get tricked into believing.

My favorite song on the album is 'You Have Conquered'. It gives hope when hope seems to have been lost. "Even when the waters rise / And the mountains crumble / I will call on the name of the Lord / Even when darkness comes / And my world is shaken / I will call on the Name that is Power".
'Unfailing One' is a slower song, reveling in the fact that our God is unfailing and that He won't change.
'We Will Never Walk Alone' is another of my favorites. It's title explains the song. It is definitly a song that brings hope if you are in the valley.

The musicians in this album did a wonderful job. The vocals are perfect and aren't overpowered by the instrumentals. I love the piano and percussion, as well as the use of the choir.

I would definitey recommend this album to anyone who enjoys contemporary Christian music. It contains songs for everyone, from the younger to the older generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment