Tuesday, September 27, 2011

For the moments I feel faint

You know those moments where you sort of panic and get a sinking feeling in your stomach because you think of something that you were supposed to do that was really important and you might not have done it, but then remember you did do it? That sinking feeling you get in your stomach is also there in the moments where you panic because you think about the future and how you have no idea what it looks like and how all of your hopes might not come true. Am I right?

I've been having those moments of panic and sinking feelings all summer when I think about the what ifs. "What if this doesn't happen?" "What am I going to do if this falls through?"

"What if...?"

I think we're all pretty familiar with that question, and maybe with the moments we feel faint. In those moments, my hope and peace disappear and in their place are fear, dread, anxiety, doubt, and about a hundred questions. What I forget in this split-second is that I serve a God Who is capable of anything, Who will never fail me, Who owns the cattle on a thousand hills, Who loves me and has a good plan for me, and Who is sovereign over my life. He has me in His hands and I'm commanded not to fear or worry about tomorrow. When my moment of panic is over, and I remember these truths, peace and hope invade the overwhelming darkness in my heart and mind and the sinking feeling goes away, just like after remembering that I did, in fact, do that very important thing.

I thought I would share some lyrics to the Reliant K song, For The Moments I Feel Faint, that I thought were relevant:

Never underestimate my Jesus

When the world around you crumbles

He will be strong, He will be strong
...
I think I can't, I think I can't

But I think you can, I think you can

I think I can't, I think I can't

But I think you can, I think you can

Gather my insufficiencies and

Place them in your hands, place them in your hands,
place them in your hands

No comments:

Post a Comment