Thursday, August 20, 2009

Yet...

I feel like I am beginning to more understand Jesus when He begs His Father to "let this cup pass from me!" He was in anguish about what was coming in the near future. He knew the time of His betrayal and death was drawing near. And He begged the Father to take it from Him.

I am in a place where I am begging the Lord to "let this cup pass from me!" I don't want to go home. It's not safe there with my sister. She hates me. And I'm not exaggerating. She tells me quite often that she does. I dread going home, mostly because of her. But, this time, there are more reasons that that one for why I don't want to go, but I'm not going to share. The time for me to go home is drawing near, and I am begging my Father to not let it come.

But, He said, "Yet not my will, but Yours be done." He begged His Father to hold back the time, to not let it come, but He also relinquished His will to His Father's will.

I don't want to go home. My mom is not saved, and neither is my sister. I have an opportunity to go home and be Christ to them. I get to show them what He is doing in my life. I get to let them see the healing He is bringing into my life: the healing I thought impossible. I have to relinquish my will to the Lord's will. I know that He is going to use me, but I just don't see how yet. But, "not my will, but Yours be done, oh Lord."

And look what happened. He saved the world when He gave up His will for His Father's.

And who knows what will happen when I give up my will for my Father's? I might not save the world, but maybe I can bring the saving Grace of Jesus to my mom and sister.

It's not over yet.

And He's not done yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment