Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Law and Justice, Concern, and yet, Failure

The law has failed me. They took my trust. They say they're concerned, but they lie. And if they are telling the truth, that they really are concerned, then they failed miserably with me. They let me down. He should have been put in prison. He should have to register. He should not have a family. He should not have gotten out.

I can't get out. I've been in prison my entire life. I'm terrified to have a relationship with a man. I got a life sentence, but he got off easily.

I was only three, but I knew. I could have told them. Screw the laws for protection. They didn't protect me to begin with, otherwise he would not have hurt me. I don't understand why, if I could tell my mom what happened, why I couldn't sit and tell a judge what happened? It's not like I was a child. I became an adult the moment I told my mom.

This is something I've been angry about my entire life. I hear and read of stories of people in my situation who actually get to see some justice. And it's not fair. He didn't even get this put on his record.

And I see so many books about this. People seem to generally care. But then why did the law fail me? They do studies that tell us statistics, and yet they do nothing, even though the statistics are staggering.

So, while there may be this thing called Law and Justice in which people might feel concern, they fail at bringing justice. But thankfully, my dad will get the Justice that is coming to him. On that day, One will judge him and give the justice deserved. The Lord will provide vengeance for me. He will be my Justice. He will give my dad what he deserves.

But in the mean time, I have to get out of this prison.

No comments:

Post a Comment