Monday, August 10, 2009

El Qanna

There are so many battles going on around me.

There is a battle that rages at home between my mom and my sister, me and my sister, my mom and I about her boyfriend, and between my mom and God.

There is a battle going on inside myself.

There is a battle raging between Heaven and Hell in which I am in the middle, being pulled this way and that, trying to resist one way and flee to the other.

And there is even an unspoken battle.

But, my God is a jealous God. He is El Qanna. Moses told the Israelites in Exodus 14:13-14 to not be afraid. He told them what God told him to say: that if they will just stand still and be calm, the Lord will rescue them. He said that He himself would fight for them. He wasn't going to send someone else to fight for the people He loved. No, He was going to fight for them himself.

My God is a jealous God. He fights for me. He himself fights for me. Even though these battles rage on in my life, heart, and head, He is fighting for me. He loves me that much.

And if my God is fighting for me, doesn't that mean He is on my side? And if the Lord is for me, who can be against me? If He is fighting for me, what can mere mortals do to me?

If He is fighting for me, why should I be afraid of the arrows or swords? Why should I be afraid of the things I am going through?

He is El Qanna, which means 'jealous God.' He is jealous for His people. He is jealous for me. Satan wants me, but my God won't let him have me, because I am one of His. And even though these battles rage on, I can confidently say that my God will rescue me. He says, "Just stand still, my child. Do not be afraid. Just stand still and watch me rescue you. I will fight for you. Just be calm."

Thank you, Abba, for being my El Qanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment