Thursday, August 13, 2009

Relentless

In the last few days, I have come to find that my enemy is relentless.
So is my God.

And so am I.

It's been hard. The enemy keeps firing his lies at me, wanting me to believe them. And they sound good. It's hard not to believe them. It's even more difficult not to give in to them. But each time a lie comes my way, I find myself toying with it. But I eventually find myself running to my Strong Tower that is my refuge.


And He fights for me, just like He always has and always will.

I love the story in Exodus where the Israelites have fled with Moses leading them. Pharaoh is in a fit of rage when God hardens his heart again after letting them go. So, he sends out the Egyptians to recapture the Israelites. They are coming up on the Red Sea when the Israelites start giving way to fear, shouting at Moses for leading them to their death, believing they were better off in Egypt. Moses asks God what to tell the people. God tells him to tell the people to not fear. He told Moses to tell the people that they should just stand still and watch the Lord rescue them that day. They only need be calm and not fear, and the Lord Himself would fight for them. He said that the Egyptians they saw before them, they would never see again.

He was right. He kept His promise. He fought for them. He parted the sea, got them through on dry ground, and then closed it on the Egyptians. I love the end of Exodus 14, where this is found. It says that the Israelite's saw the bodies of the Egyptians washing up on shore. Their bodies were proof that they would never be seen again: they were dead.

And God was relentless. Even though the Israelite's complained and belly-ached all the way, He never ceased to provide for them. He loved them. I am sure He cheered for them to get to the Promised Land. He was relentless!

And He's the same today. He hasn't changed since that time: since ever! He still wants to part the sea and drown the Egyptians who are chasing me. And I, just like the Israelite's, hear lies from the enemy. Only the lies I hear aren't about being better off in Egypt, but about being better doing this or doing that. I hear the enemy telling me I am safer going this way, but I know better.

And my God is relentless! He fights for me with His truth! Just like Moses told them the truth, that God would rescue them, I know God will rescue me!

I know, because my God is relentless!

No comments:

Post a Comment