Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Not too deep

A few months ago, I went on a hike with my fellow Mercy sisters. We hiked up this mountain that wasn't really a mountain, but was still a pretty challenging climb. When we reached the top, we had lunch. During lunch, a few of us asked for a few moments of silence to take in the view and the beauty around us. In the silence, God spoke to me.

Below us was a dirt path upon which some other hikers were on. I heard someone on the path yell and it reverberated through the valley and made its way to the top where I was. Through that, God showed me that even when I am in the valley, He hears my cries. They echo in the valley and He hears them from up above, even from the highest height.

I was reminded of this when I read Jesus Calling for July 16th. It's talking about self-pitty being a slimy, bottomless pit. The part that reminded me of those moments on the mountain was this:

Your only hope is to look up and see the Light of My Presence shining down on you. Though the Light looks dim from your perspective, deep in the pit, those rays of hope can reach you at any depth.


I want to encourage you today if you are in a pit that God hears your cries, no matter how far down you are. His hand is never too short to reach you and your cries will always reach His ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment