Friday, July 27, 2012

Dear God,

If You wouldn't have sent Your Son, where would I be? I shudder at the thought of it. Most of my life has been a mess. But that didn't bother You. You pursued me all the same. You were there in the darkness when I thought I was all alone. You ran after me when I ran from you. You loved me when I hated You. You loved me when I hated me. You never gave up on me.

God, I can't thank You enough. And words fail me when I try. You truly have delivered me from the pit. You delivered me from the darkness and now I stand redeemed. If it hadn't been for Your love, I would have succumbed to the enemy's plan for my destruction; I would still be sitting in the slime I was in, drinking self-hatred and injecting more lies. Death had its grip on me, but You said "No, she's Mine." You fought for me.

Because of You, I'm alive. Your breath fills up my lungs and I am free. I no longer walk in darkness, but in the light of Your Presence. You are good. I'm sorry that I ever doubted Your goodness; doubted that You were trustworthy and faithful. You've never given me a reason to think otherwise. I am humbled by Your love. It is unconditional. You love me even on my worst day. And I don't understand it, but I know it's true. Oh God, I know it's true! What other reason than love would You surrender Your Son for me? And for what other reason would He obey? It wasn't my sin that held Him to the cross. It was His love for me. The scars on His hands...I'm so grateful for them. My healing was in the stripes on His back.

My healing. I am healed. I am made whole. I never imagined I would ever live healed. I thought my scars and wounds ran too deep, too deep even for You to reach. I thought I was too lost, too much of a mess. I didn't think You were there. I thought I was too dirty from the things done to me for You to ever love. But, what I thought has been ruined. My scars and wounds were not too deep for You. I was not too lost or too messy. When I didn't think You were there, You were. I was not too dirty for You to love. You picked me up all the same and held me close. You touched those places in me that were broken by abuse, hatred, anger, betrayal...and you healed them. You touched those places that were in confusion and brought peace. You opened my eyes to see the beauty you placed in me, to see myself the way You do. You opened my eyes to see my worth.

You have freed me, redeemed me, set my feet upon the solid rock and put a new song in my mouth.

And who am I that You are mindful of me? I am Your daughter. And You, my King, are my Daddy.

I love you.

Your Princess,
Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment