Thursday, March 31, 2011

He leads us

At my Bible study the other night, I was praying for two girls the other night who were about to embark on a difficult journey the next day. Their journey had the potential to be dark and very difficult. I would not say that I have a gift for prophecy, but that night God revealed to me something that applied to their situation, but also to me.

I saw a very dark hallway, almost like a dark tavern hallway. There was a single lit lantern that was moving ahead of them, but they could not see who was holding the lantern. As they continued walking ahead, the lantern moved ahead of them. As long as they remained with the lantern, they were not in the darkness.

You can already guess what I'm about to say, but I'm going to give my interpretation, anyway.

Just like God led the Israelites with a pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night (Exodus 13:21), so He leads us. If we walk beside Him, we won't have to walk in the darkness. He offers us His light, if only we will walk close beside Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment