Sunday, November 17, 2013

Dying To Bring Life

I feel like I have written what I'm about to write before, but I couldn't find it on this blog, so maybe I never wrote it on here.

Anyway.

Fall is one of my favorite seasons. I love the changing colors of leaves, watching them fall from the trees, and hearing them crunch beneath my feet.

Sometimes God uses the strangest things to talk to me about some pretty amazing things. When I was in college, I was sitting in a Bible class, watching the leaves fall from the tree outside the window. As I sat and observed, God showed me how the leaves had to die and fall off the tree to make room for the new ones that would come in spring. If the old ones didn't die and fall off, there wouldn't be a place for the new leaves.

Isn't this a picture of Christ's death and the life that it brings us? Jesus died on a tree. He had to die so that I could have life.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mandy. So good to know you through your proile on the blogger. I am glad to stop by again by your blog "Reflections" (God's Voice. My Thoughts.His Teaching. Our Learning) and the post on it " Dying to Bring Life". It is a beautiful and very encouraging thought. Thank you for sharing it on the Post. Well I do remember visiting your blog post and I may have made comment on your one of the blog post but I do not know they my comment was approved just because it contained more then comment on your blog. I am going to share about the opportunity you can have to come on a short term missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai, India amongst poorest of poor to share good news with the poorest of poor and give them new hope, future, purpose and life. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 34yrs in the great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. we also encourage young people like you as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai amongst poorest of poor during their summer vacation. We would love to have you come along with your friends to work with us. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon.

    ReplyDelete