Sunday, November 17, 2013

Beauty from Destruction

I went on a camping trip back in June to Cherry Lake, CA. It was beautiful beyond words. The three days I was there were filled with hiking, exploring, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, swimming, tubing, laughing, and relaxing. I enjoyed myself immensely.

On one of the days I decided to canoe over to the island that was in the middle of the lake. I pulled the canoe onto the shore and set off to explore the small island. As I was walking on the rocks near the water, I found a lot of driftwood, but I also found this piece of wood. You can see that termites have gotten to it and have done their damage.

My thought as I examined this piece of wood was, it's amazing that something so destructive can create something so beautiful. I realized that this is true in our lives if Christ is present. He says that He will bring beauty from ashes. In Genesis 50:20, Joseph tells his brothers, "You meant evil for me, but God meant it for good...." Many times, we don't see the beauty that is going to come from the destruction; we only see the destruction. I know it's true in my life. I don't always see that something beautiful is going to come from the destruction that is currently happening. But, the truth is that with Christ, He is going to bring beauty from the destruction. We can hold onto that promise in the midst of the chaos and destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment