Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Childlike Faith

Oh, to be a child again.

Not!

I've always said I never wanted to be a kid again because of the things that happened during my childhood. But, after I heard a story tonight about a 9 year old boy, I wouldn't mind being a kid again.

We're told to have childlike faith. But, what does that look like? A friend of mine told me of how he was talking to his 9 year old son last night. He said that he asked him if he had prayed to Jesus yet. The boy responded, "Yeah, but...well, dad, He's not fast."
To this the father asked, "What do you mean?" Even though he well knew.
The boy replied, "He's slow."

"He's not fast...He's slow." Oh, to have this child's faith in my God! When I heard this story, I realized that this boy knew God is good, but that He answers in His time, not ours. He anticipated and expected God to answer his prayers.

And that is what we should do. We should anticipate and expect Him to answer our prayers, because He is faithful and good. But, we also need to know that He answers in His own time, and not always in the way we expect. But, He is good. And that is the childlike faith we need to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment