Saturday, December 12, 2009

"Will You Let Me?"

He had been lame since birth. Everyday he waited for a miracle. Everyday that miracle came, but he could not take part in it.



Everyday an angel would stir the pool. If he could just take a dip in that pool's stirred waters, he would walk again. But everyday, someone beat him to it. No one would help him get to the waters fast enough to be the first. So, he sat and waited for the day to come when he would get there first.



One day, Jesus walked by. He saw the man who He knew had been sick for thirty-eight years. When He saw Him, he asked him, "Would you like to get well?"



The lame man replied that he couldn't, because had no one to put him into the pool when the water bubbled up. Jesus told him, "Stand up, pick up your mat, and walk."


I read this and am amazed. Jesus asked him if he wanted to get well. The amplified says he asks him if he is really in earnest about getting well. Why would he ask such a question when the answer would obviously be yes? I think it was because the man provided an 'excuse' for not being well.

I see myself in this situation. Jesus is asking me if I want to be well? Do I want to be healed? Free? Loved? I think His ultimate question to me is, "Will you let Me?" I've provided excuses for not being well. But it all comes down to will I let Him? He has already commanded me to take up my mat and walk, but I have not believed Him. I have not trusted Him. But, it's time to let Him. It's time for me to stop making excuses and step out in bold faith, even if I am timidly trusting Him. It's time to see if He is who He says He is.

"Will you let Me, Mindy, love you, free you, heal you?"

Those are the questions He is asking all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment