Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What reason?

What reason is there for a child to lose her father? What reason is there for her father to abuse her? What reason is there for abuse? I just don't understand.

What reason is there for a daughter to see her mother battle depression? What reason is there for her mother to suffer through depression? What reason is there for depression? I just don't understand.

What reason is there for anything bad in this world to happen? I just don't understand. My life has been so hard. I've dealt with many hard things in my life, constantly breaking through walls, only to have to break through another one a few miles down the road. What reason is there for them all?

I just don't understand why I have had to go through so many hard things in my life. I know God never said it would be easy, but does it have to be this hard? I just don't understand.

And I definitely don't understand why I have to deal with my past. Why is it that every time I turn around, it is there, nipping at my heal like a lost puppy? I just don't get it. I know it is so I can become stronger and so I can rely on Him once more, but haven't I had enough? Haven't I been strong enough and haven't I relied on Him plenty? I just don't get it.

But, what reason was there for His suffering and death? All of that was for me, so all of this is for Him.

1 comment:

  1. Exodus 9:16
    But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.

    Psalm 138:8
    The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands.

    Proverbs 19:21
    Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.

    Jeremiah 32:19
    great are your purposes and mighty are your deeds. Your eyes are open to all the ways of men;

    Romans 8:28
    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

    2 Corinthians 5:5
    Now it is God who has made us for this very purpose and has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

    Philippians 2:13
    for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

    ReplyDelete