Saturday, June 27, 2009

One Dream

What does one do when they are caught between a rock and hard place, between losing one thing and gaining another, between giving up their dream just to keep the one who told them to dream? I don't know, but I'm having to decide.

What happens when one has a dream, but is told it's useless to pursue it? That dream becomes either stronger or is crushed altogether. My dream is being dangled in front of me, and I don't know if I should reach out for it or let it dangle. My heart says to reach out, but my fears of the 'what ifs' say to leave it dangling.

But, what will happen if I let it dangle? Will I live in regret the rest of my life? And what will happen if I reach out and take it? Is there too much to lose, or not enough to gain? My world is already upside down, so if I take it now and it is a nightmare, then it won't hurt me too much, because my world is already nightmare. But if my life becomes a pleasant dream, with my world rightside up, and I reach out and take it, what will it do to me if it turns into a nightmare? Will my life turn into a nightmare once again? Can I handle another nightmare if I'm recovered from the last one?

There's so much to think about. Maybe I'll just sleep on it. Maybe, I'll have a dream about this dream. Maybe, that'll tell me what I should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment