Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Stop Doubting and Believe

Tonight at worship we sang the song, King of my Heart. The chorus is a repeating phrase declaring to the Lord that He is good. As we sang that chorus, something I read in my quiet time this morning came back to me, and I felt God speak to my heart.

After Jesus rose from the dead, He revealed Himself to a few people, including 11 of the 12 disciples. Thomas was not with them when Jesus revealed His resurrected self to them. When he heard that they had seen Jesus, however, he said, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe" (John 20:25). A week later, Jesus walks through the locked doors of the house and addresses Thomas: "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe" (John 20:27).

I don't know about you, but I find myself often being a doubting Thomas. I say things like, "Jesus, I'll trust you when I see you do this." Or, "Lord, I'll believe you are good when you do this." Tonight as I sang that chorus, proclaiming to Him that He is indeed good, I felt Him speak to the doubt that is in my heart. I felt Him say, "I am good. Now stop doubting and believe."

What are you doubting? What are you hoping to see before you'll believe? Trust that He is good and He is faithful. "Stop doubting and believe."

No comments:

Post a Comment