Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Look Alike

I have been told many times that I look like my mom. Other people say I look like my dad. Still others hold the opinion that I look like my aunt. I think I look like them all. If I look in the mirror, I see a little of my mom, some of my dad, and a bit of my aunt in me. I bear their image because I am related to them.

Mostly, I see my mom in me. I'll say something and it sounds just like my mom. You know what I'm talking about. It happens to us all.

I may reflect the image of those I'm immediately related to, but do I reflect the image of God?
Genesis 1:27 (ESV) says,
"So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them."
I am made in His image. But, that's not the image I'm talking about.

First Corinthians 15:49 (NIV) says,
"And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven."
The Word of God says that I am His child. I am related to Him. Do I resemble Him?
 When others look at me, do they see Him? When they hear me talk, does it sound like Him? Do my actions resemble His actions?

Do I look like Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment