Friday, January 25, 2013

Idols

It's never easy when God deals with you.

Today has been a good day. Until tonight. Something happened and it made me quite annoyed, then another thing happened that made me even more annoyed. I'm to the point where I just want to be comforted. I want to sit in a chair with a blanket and a book or my journal and a cup of hot tea. 

And this is where God breaks in and says, "Hello. What about coming to me?"

So many times when things go wrong, I go to food or a hot cup of tea or to the television for comfort and to just numb/zone out. I forget that I have a God who I can go to for comfort and He will actually give me the comfort I need. All of those other things are just temporary. Food or tea or the television will only comfort me for so long, or fill me up for so long, until I'm wanting for more. God isn't like that. He satisfies us completely, leaving no lack or longing for more. 

An idol is anything that replaces God or is put before God. 

Like I said, it's never easy when God deals with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment