Sunday, January 20, 2013

Hindrances

I had just gotten back to my seat from kneeling at the altar when the pastor mentioned something about having things between you and God. Right away I felt conviction. Whenever that question has come up before, I've always thought, "Oh, there's nothing between me and God. We're good." But, this time I couldn't say that. This time, I knew there was something between us.

As I thought about this revelation later, I realized that it's difficult to admit that there is something between us and God because we think (I do, anyways) that He'll be done with us and cast us out because we're not perfect and don't have it all together because that's what the world does. But, we forget that God is not like man. He is merciful, patient, and loving. He actually wants us to admit that there are things getting in the way of a relationship with Him so that He can help us weed them out. In fact, He eagerly waits for us to come to Him with those confessions.

We were made for relationship with God. He paid a high price to be able to draw us near to Himself. Because of that high price, He isn't going to throw us out...He's going to do anything He can to keep us close to Him, making sure nothing is in the way of Him having a relationship with us.

If there are things standing in the way of you and God, keeping you from serving, loving, and drawing close to Him, don't be afraid or ashamed to admit them. He knows about them already, and is waiting and wanting for you to come to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment