Monday, January 21, 2013

Hopeful Reprieve


We're in the middle of winter and for the last three days it's been in the upper 50's, low 60's. But, who's complaining? This afternoon on my way into town, I had the windows down and the sun was shining and it felt like spring. I know winter is coming back, but this reprieve has been wonderful. The promise of the coming spring gives me hope and I know I can make it through the winter.

God showed me that this is like the process I'm currently going through. I went through a bitter winter, so to speak, and when it ended, I had six months of reprieve. Now, however, it seems as though the winter is back. In fact, maybe it never ended. But, as I look upon the six months of reprieve, they give me hope that I can make it through this winter. They promise that spring will come and it will be even greater and will last longer than the little reprieve I had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment