Wednesday, April 13, 2011

His Promise

This last week and a half have been pretty painful. I've had many memories and emotions that have been pretty hard to deal with. I had a counseling session today that only revealed more of the pain that I feel and more of the brokenness that fills my heart and life. I don't want to go into it, but I will say that it was pretty painful.

After dinner tonight, I just needed some time to sit and maybe cry. I went to sit on the rocks by the prayer chapel on my college campus and watched the sun go down. I was scraping a twig on a rock when I happened to look up at the sky. What I saw made tears flow down my cheeks.

The end of a rainbow had emerged from some clouds.

I couldn't see any more of the rainbow than the end of it, even though it didn't seem that cloudy out. It was right in front of me coming out of a ring of clouds. It reminded me of God's promises that He will make all things new and that joy comes in the morning. But, I think one promise that outweighed the others is that He will redeem me. He will make good come from all of this bad and painful stuff.

But it also reminded me that He is here with me in my pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment