Sunday, September 19, 2010

My Rock


I was walking to class the other day when I came across this boulder in the middle of the sidewalk. I've walked past it every day for the last year, but on this day, it caught my attention. I happened to see a shiny penny under the boulder. I wasn't going to pick it up, but I did, because something made me. I had been stressed that week, as well as exhausted, and didn't want to stoop down to get it. But, I obeyed. I carried the penny in my hand on my way to class, flipping it over and over with my thumb, index, and middle fingers.

When I got to class, I set the penny in front of me on my desk. God asked me to think about where I had found it. Obligingly, I did.

"It was under the rock, Papa."

"Um hum. It was almost as if it was taking refuge under the rock, right?"

"Right."

"You need to do the same, Mindy. You need to take refuge under Me, your Rock. Rest in Me, Mindy. Find in Me your hiding place."

So, this is what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to hide under my Rock just like I found this penny hiding under a rock. I am trying to let Him have all my worries and just lie back in Him and rest.

Funny how God speaks to His children. He used a rock and a penny for me. How is He speaking to you today? What's He asking you to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment