Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

As I was talking with a friend last night, I was relating to her how God had just shown me a bunch of things that I had never known before. They are things about myself that need to come out so that He can make me into the vessel he wants me to be. She reminded me that it's like pumpkin carving.

Yes. Pumpkin carving. How is this process similar?

Well, you have to first pull out the insides of the pumpkin. You cut it open, revealing all the seeds and 'guts'. Then, the tedious process begins. And it's not just tedious work, but hard. You have to get all the 'junk' out before you can begin the creative part of making the pumpkin be whatever you want it to be.

God has to get all the junk out of us before He can 'carve' us into what He wants us to be. It is a beautiful, yet hard process. But, in the end you are left with a masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment