Thursday, November 6, 2014

Because of Your love....

I was reading my Bible last night when I came across Isaiah 43:25, which says,
"I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more."
I had to read that a few times to get what it was saying, because I couldn't believe what I had just read. He blots out my sins for His sake.

Did you get that? It's for His sake that He blots out my transgressions. And I thought it was about me....

I'm blown away at this and find myself speechless. Because, why? Wouldn't it be for my sake that He blots out my transgressions? Why is it for His?

The more I thought about it, the more I realized it's because if He didn't blot out my transgressions, He'd have to condemn me to Hell. He couldn't love me. He couldn't redeem or rescue me if He didn't blot them out.

It's all because of His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment