Friday, November 19, 2010

Bought with the precious blood of Christ

As I write, God continues to pursue me, and my run slows to a jog. He has been speaking to me in the midst of my running, and I've heard Him, but not heeded. I'm still wrestling with Him, as well as fearing Him. The thing I fear most is that He will do something to harm me, or that His intentions toward me are not right or pure. This is one of many things that have been keeping me from trusting Him and falling completely into His arms.

But, He pointed something out to me today.

I was in chapel this morning and the song being sung was "In Christ Alone". In the third stanza or verse, the very last line reads, "Bought with the precious blood of Christ." If you go back one line, it says, "I am His and He is mine".

I am His. Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

After singing this, a thought popped into my head, definitely God speaking. When I buy something, especially something that cost me a lot, I don't treat it ill. I treat it the best I can. And if it is something that someone else has bought for me, and it cost them a lot of money to buy it or a lot of time to make it, I treasure it, again treating it the best I can. I take care of that thing they bought for me, or I bought for myself.

God gave His Son, the most costly thing to Him, to purchase me.

Jesus gave His life and endured the cross and died all to purchase me.

If He were willing to give up the most precious thing to Him, and if Jesus were to give a costly sacrifice to purchase me, why would He then treat it badly? Wouldn't He take the best care of it as was in His power? God gave up something precious to purchase me. Jesus' blood was precious.

God didn't pay the most expensive price for me just so He could do bad things to me. If so, the price He paid wouldn't have been worth it.

So what He's trying to get across to me is that He does not intend me harm. He didn't pay a high price for me just to break me.

I am His. Bought with the precious blood of Christ. I belong to Him. And He is good, no matter what the lies tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment