Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Washed by the Water

The other day I was doing the dishes. Mom and I had made cookies and I was rinsing the bowl we used to mix the dough. As I rinsed it, for some reason I paid attention to the process. I let the water run over the dirty places, and watched in awe as it washed away the leftover dough. It just washed away. The water made it clean; as if nothing had ever been in it to begin with.

And I realized that this is what Jesus offers. He offers water that washes away all my dirtiness. He makes me clean. He Himself washes me, just as I washed the bowl. And it's beautiful. It's because of nothing I've done. I'm dirty. The bowl was dirty. But I needed it to be clean for another use. God needs me to be clean for another use. He has a purpose for me for which I need to be clean. But it's because He wants to use me.

We are washed by the water and all our dirtiness washes away. And it's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment